Monday, October 22, 2007

My choices for President and Vice President

I once endorsed Ron Paul, a Republican Congressman from Texas, for President, and retired Gen. Wesley Clark, a former Democratic presidential candidate, as my choices for President and Vice President of the United States. I believed the two of them were the best choices because neither one seemed to be "owned" by any corporate interests, both were opposed to the war in Iraq, one is a veteran with loads of experience in defense matters, and both seemed to be quite interested in restoring Constitutional government and making it work for the people.

However, I found some problems with Paul's arch-conservative stances against abortion, against equal rights for people of alternative lifestyles, and for doctrinaire laissez-faire capitalism which I think has harmed the United States when it has been let run unchecked. Therefore I'm withdrawing my support of Ron Paul, and for now I am only endorsing Gen. Clark for President. I think I may write in Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf for Vice President pending a study of issues and causes he supports.

No comments: